List of some interesting and helpful answers on StackOverflow
October 14, 2013 Leave a comment
A compiled list of links to some answers on StackOverflow, which I often refer to. The list is divided into two sections:
My Own answers:
- Post increment operator not incrementing in for loop
- Does an unused import declaration eat memory, in Java?
- Modifying the return value in finally block, doesn’t affect the return value.
- How are primitive arrays represented in memory?
- Why is System.nanoTime() way slower (in performance) than System.currentTimeMillis()?
- How to invoke method of anonymous class, that is not defined in superclass?
- Strange type inference while passing inconsistent type arguments to method type parameter.
- What is the difference between Wildcard bounds and Type parameter bounds?
- Get element closest to a given element from a SortedSet
- Why printing double value –
System.out.println()gives exact result.
- Why can’t we use operators like say
||for cases in switch-case?
- Divide a string into chunk size of 2 characters using regex.
- Which is the better way to implement a Singleton?
- How precedence is applied to conditional expression in a
- Generics: Can’t instantiate wildcard parameterized types?
- Generic Methods vs Wildcards in method parameters?
- What are multi-level wildcards? How to interpret them?
- What’s the issue with creating a generic array?
- What can be the issue with overriding only
- Does constructor return anything? If not, why isn’t the return type
String#split()method with delimiter as first character don’t give empty string as first array index.
- How to check if addition or subtraction of 2 integers will overflow?
- convert an
- What is serialVersionUID and why should we use it?
- Fastest way to determine if a number is a perfect square.